The new Profin PDX handpiece
The Profin® system is the professional´s choice for finishing, polishing and contouring dental surfaces, both natural or restored. The system has been on the market since 1990 and we are now launching the Profin® PDX handpiece which has tactile ergonomics, smooth glare free surface and a miniature head for best access into incapacious areas.
Learn more about Profin from the Guru!
In connection with the new Profin PDX we have launched Professor Per Axelsson´s newest book “Professional Mechanical Tooth Cleaning (PMTC), Finishing and Minimally Invasive Treatment of Caries and Periodontal Diseases – Materials, Methods and Effects”.
Read the book here online, contact us to buy a printed version.
PROFIN®: Safe, precise, finishing and polishing
Ever increasing demands in respect of dental treatment places an extra burden on the technical design of handpieces and instrumentation.
Traditional hand-held and rotary instruments do not always produce the best results in the subgingival, interdental and proximal areas, and risk the possibility of causing groove formation in the enamel or injury to the gingiva and adjacent teeth.
In recognizing these problems, the PROFIN contra-angle handpiece has been developed for application in these sensitive and difficultto-reach areas.
The oscillating, controlled impact movement of the inserts can carefully, precisely and safely grind, finish and polish natural dentition and all types of restoration materials.
Directional movement rather than rotation: Safe application, best results
PROFIN® in the dental Practice
As a result of superb design, PROFIN provides:
- safe, efficient reshaping of excess filler, cement and bonding materials.
The PROFIN removes deposits and micro-organisms, particulary in gingival pockets
- thorough cleaning and polishing of proximal and interdental spaces in addition to subgingival surfaces
- fine polishing and finishing is possible in conjunction with wooden tips
- shaping and adaption of papillary regions to natural tooth shapes
- grinding of concave anterior tooth surfaces
- fine finishing of chamfers and cavities
- stripping, processing or removal of contact points
- precise finishing of oblique areas and angles, together with shoulders and chamfers
- fine finishing of the margins around porcelain or metal restoration prior to cementation
- vibration insertion in the cementation of inlays with tixotrophic cements
- scaling of root faces using special PER-IO-TOR-instruments.
PROFIN®: For use especially in hard-to-reach areas
As well as moving in a reciprocating vertical direction, the PROFIN tip can either move freely for smooth contouring or be locked in a fixed position for direct and specific modifications. The blade shaped tips are very thin for optimal access, diamond coated on one side for safety and they come in a variety of shapes, sizes and grits to satisfy all needs. Plastic and wooden tips are also available for polishing and burnishing.
The extraordinary system for solving problems of access and form with delicate safety
PROFIN Directional System is designed to move up and down as well as all around giving you maximum access and flexibility. Profin’s 1.2 mm low speed linear motion coupled with a wide assortment of companion LAMINEER® diamond or tungsten tips is indispensable for fine finishing all restorative and luting materials.
- to remove overhangs (composite, amalgam, porcelain). No more ditching
- to reach, access, and refinish delicate gingival interproximal residual bonding materials
- to create embrasures and ideal shapes for your patient's optimal aesthetics
- 2 modalities: fixed and self steering
- Profin contra angles fit all types of speed handpieces
- Profin and Lamineer tips are fully sterilizable
- Lamineer spatula and knife edged design tips are safe sided and come with assorted abrasive surfaces
- Lamineer tips are color coded and are conveniently accessible in the color-coded stand
- Plastic tips for interproximal polishing
Standard E-fitting with internal spray.
Standard E-fitting with internal spray and light.
Right/angle for straight handpiece.
Profin® by hand